Highly regarded Clauss Straight Razor in great condition, professionally honed and shave ready.
Grind: Half Hollow
Blade Width: 5/8"
Blade Length: 2 3/4"
The history of Clauss Cutlery Company began in 1877.
John H. Clauss, brother Henrie Clauss, and five others started "The Elyria Shear Works" in Elyria, Ohio.
Ten years later the business was prospering and chose to expand in Fremont, Ohio.
Schaaf, perhaps the owner of Schaaf's Good Cutlery, and Harry Zimmerman bought out the interests of their three Henkel Company partners, Dr. George Zimmerman, August Henkel, and Frank Kiser. The five men had founded Henkel in 1906. In 1919, Henkel Company merged with Clauss Shear to become the largest cutlery company in the world.