The model 66 is well known in Straight shaving circles, it's cheap, it's solid and it makes a for a great starter straight razor. The Steel is good and can take a good honing. A great inexpensive way to start your straight razor shaving journey.
3" x 13/16" Hardened Carbon Steel Blade is Easy to Judge Angles, Strop & Hone
- Dutch round point - perfect for beginners and experienced shavers.
Shave Ready Gold Dollar Straight Razor, Factory honed to 8K*
- Modified - Stabilizer modified for easy honing
56g Gold Dollar 66 High Carbon Straight Razor with classic black ABS scales.
- Faux Leather Pouch
- Made in China
*Factory honing is inherently not as reliable as doing it yourself. While specified as a 8K Japanese stone hone, please be aware that the razor will likely require further honing to meet a true "shave ready" condition.
- Carbon steel Straight Razors will hold their sharpness for more uses than a stainless steel Straight Razor.
- When sharpened Carbon Steel Straight Razors can achieve a sharper edge than stainless steel Straight Razors.
- Carbon steel is more susceptible to rust and staining than stainless steel.
- Carbon Steel is slightly quicker to hone and strop.