Safety Razor - Shave Profile
This term is used to describe how your Razor will shave.
"Shave Profile" is a reference to a combination of:
- Blade Gap - measured between the Cutting edge of the blade and the razor guard.
- Blade Exposure - measured by how far the blade extends past the protective plates.
- 1/10 being the Minimum Gap & Blade Exposure.
- The smaller the blade exposure the milder the shave, with less risk of nicks. Good for quick shave and a younger beard.
- 10/10 being the Maximum Gap & Blade Exposure.
- The larger the blade exposure the more emphasis on technique is required but the shave will be closer and better with tough beards.