Natural Shaving Brush Care
Looking after your "Natural Hair" Shaving Brush is simple. Here are the main points to keep in mind.
1. Do not soak your Shaving Brush in water that is too hot. Doing so will damage the hair and it's natural oiliness. As a general rule the water shouldn't be any hotter than a hot bath and remember it is also perfectly practical to soak in cold water also.
2. When bowl lathering do not use brute force, this will damage the hair tips over time.
3. Do not over soak your Shaving Brush for longer than 10 minutes.
4. After each use, the Shaving Brush needs to be naturally dried. Ideally in a well ventilated, low humidity setting. Do not use a hair dryer! Hanging the brush upside down is ideal.
Wooden Handle Brushes:
If your brush has a wooden handle some extra care should be taken.
- Dry your brush handle with a towel after each use
- Ideally, store your brush hanging with the knot down, until the knot has dried.
- Never leave your brush in the shower if that is where you shave.
- Never leave your brush soaking in water for an unnecessary amount of time.
- Use a wood wax on the handle as needed